[argyllcms] Re: Strange problem in Fedora 10

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:39:55 -0600

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 08:34 +1100, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Alberto Ferrante wrote:
> > I discovered that Fedora provides a failsafe graphics login, that
> > appears to be just X (with a nice background) and a xterm. Also from
> > there dispwin has no effects!
>
> Sounds like an issue with the video card driver then. It is going
> through the motions of writing and reading the Video LUT, but it's
> not actually being used to set the hardware.
>
> Graeme Gill.

You probably all know this, but loading the LUT seems to work with
Fedora 9, which I just recently upgraded to.  I hope you figure out what
is going on with Fedora 10 before I feel the need to upgrade yet again.

--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University