[argyllcms] Re: Simple and preliminary profile for epson 3880

  • From: "Alan Goldhammer" <agoldhammer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:38:51 -0400

Tom,

There is one other option with the 3880.  Eric Chan, one of the Adobe software
engineers who works on Lightroom, posts ABW profiles on his website:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html  They work quite
well and if the paper you are interested in is not there he can make a profile
for you relatively cheaply.  He uses more patches than QTR does.  Fortunately,
the two main papers I print on:  Ilford Gold Fiber Silk and Museo Silver Rag
have 3880 ABW profiles.  Check out his site as he has excellent notes on the
3800/3880 printers.

Alan