[argyllcms] Re: Segmentation fault

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:11:21 +1100

Dimitrije wrote:
> The command line:
> colprof -v -D"R430_Migraf_04SwopUltra" -qu -bu -Zp -Tp -cmt -dpp -iD65
> -SSWOPM18.icm -OR430_Migraf_04SwopUltra.icm R430_Migraf_R3ps
>
> and also I often get the warning info : Reverse Cell Cache exausted,
> processing in chunks

No surprises there - you are using the ridiculous "-qu", so you run out
of memory. On any well behaved device I can't see any difference
between -qm and -qh. (And BTW -b is not needed if it is the same as -q).
On a badly behaved device -qu may bring improvement, but it won't
make it well behaved.

My usual advice applies:

  First use -qm, then if you want, try -qh. If you can't
  see any improvement, stick to -qm. If you can, stick to -qh.
  Don't use -qu just because you want to "turn it up to 11",
  only use it if you can acually see some benefit.

> I read Performance info, and set cache to 1.5 I have 8GB of memory and I
> don't understand fully
> what should I have to do with cache, so I can avoid this problem.

Note that since it's a 32 bit exectutable, it can't use more than 4GB, and
typically
is limited to a whole lot less than that by ineficiencies in the OS.

I was unable to reproduce this problem without the files you are using, so
you really have to send me SWOPM18.icm and R430_Migraf_R3ps.ti3 if I am to
investigate.