[argyllcms] Relative And Perceptual rendering intent

  • From: Dimitrije Zivkovic <migraf.keramika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:08:12 +0200

Hi list

I work with different colors in the printers from standard one. And find many
limitations in printing process.
I work with Argyll and Colormunki.

I always preferred Perceptual instead of Relative because of differences
between standard colors and colors with I work.

But I found some profile, for the same colors, made on Xrite software, Relative
and Perceptual rendering intent are looks pretty the same, small differences
only in dark areas.
This result I can't get with Argyll. Relative is not useful in my profile,
specially on Magenta (I use Red instead of Magenta).

The question will be:

Is any possibility  to achieve similar results in profile between Relative and
Perceptual rendering intent?

Also, without using -s option, profile can't calculate right conversion.

My command looks like this:

colprof -v -qh -kp(…) -Zp -Tp -tp -sAdobeRGB1998.icc -l250

Thanks in advance

Dimitrije Zivkovic