[argyllcms] Re: Question about DeltaE from printread and one about iccexamin/profcheck

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:16:51 +0200

On 9/10/07, Gerhard Fuernkranz <e> wrote:

> > Where can I put the  DeltaE 82.860992 that printread talks about in
> > this landscape.
>
> Possibly you can ignore it. I suggest that you measure the suspect patch
> with spotread again. And if the numbers you get are very close to the
> numbers you got in the .ti3 file, then it is IMO OK to ignore it.

Thanks. I think I have a clue now about my main topic after all this
e-mail. However I put on a question about spotread.
When I read the F5 patch row with spotread afterwards. I got this results

                X       Y               Z

Printread 35.186        18.810  1.2915

Spotread  34.793552 18.543380    1.277729

Can someone explain the differences here? I have been confused about
this for a while. The results above are without fwa compensation.

> (My understanding is, if you don't call targen with the "-c <profile>"
> option, then the XYZ numbers in the .ti1 and .ti2 files are just a very
> rough guess, which may not fit well with your printer's response at all,
> so sporadically "unjustified complaints" from printread may happen for
> some patches)

And for the reference I made my target without the -c option.

Lars Tore Gustavsen