[argyllcms] Qpcard 202

  • From: "Lars Tore Gustavsen" <lars.tore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:45:54 +0100

Hello list

I wonder if anyone here has any experience with the qpcard 202
colorchart (qpcard.se).  It is a colorchart with 30 patches on (27
colors). It is very cheap compared to a gretagmacbeth ColorChecker .

 I ordered one yesterday and my plan was to use it with argyllcms for
some simple scene  color correcting.  Hopefully I will receive it next
week and can start to experiment more. I am interested in using it
with Argyll also because the software from qpcard is windows/mac and I
normally use linux.

So if anyone have a cht file for it would be very nice. I have started
to create one (from an image of it on the qpcard web site), but the
boxes keyword is pretty hard to figure out.

Will the scanin program allow me have the card "tilted" in the scene?
I mean, must it line up with the sensor of the camera? If so, I guess
I can use hugin (panoramtools) to correct perspective before I try to
use scanin, if the image is not in register with the sensor.

I normally shoot images in raw format with my camera. Will it be
possible to link the created qpcard profile to my normal camera
profile, and apply it at conversion time? Or have I misunderstood
something about profile linking?

Thanks
Lars Tore Gustavsen