[argyllcms] Re: Purple-Blue shift problem with Epson printer

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:49:00 +1000

Stefan - ooge.com wrote:
I see a "problem" in the highly saturated blue RGB part.

The results of Acgyll CMM for the lower left blue part of the image and
the blue shape shift to purple. DropRGB and Profile Maker giving a nice
blue. In generell all colors hit very good by Argyll CMM but the Blue
hue not.

Hi,
        I think some of this is due to my attempts at curing
the CIECAM02 extreme blue misbehaviour (numerical issues).

Looking at your test case, I've adjusted the V1.3.3 beta code
to give a slightly better result. (The change in the pure blue
is about 8 delta E).

For those who are compiling from source, this is reflected here:
<http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_dev_src.zip>.

Stefan, I'll send you an ICC profile showing the result for the
current V1.3.3 beta.