[argyllcms] Re: Purple-Blue shift problem with Epson printer

  • From: Ernst Dinkla <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 21:40:46 +0200

On 04/01/2011 09:00 PM, Elena [service address] wrote:

I always noticed this issue of very saturated RGB blue coming out purplish
with Argyll. This is in general, aside of metamerism problems or papers.
I tend to notice that only when focusing on a blue part, however, since
the overall photo apparence is quite perfect and consistent.
So I think that it is one of those colorimetrically correct choices but which,
to look also psychologically correct, one should employ some tricks.
Maybe commercial profilers discovered and adopted such tricks.
In my case I have to admit that a pure 100% cyan is to my eye much more
similar to RGB blue than what usually comes out from the profile, i.e a mixture
of C (which is never 100%) and some M (thus when I create some graphic in CMYK
which I intend being blue, I usually make it 100% C)

Couldn't it be just the mismatch of an FBA effect of the paper and a profile not precisely compensated/adapted for it ?

The fluorescent brightening effect in papers is much more varied than the compensations used suggest.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,      Ernst

New: Spectral plots of +250 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm