[argyllcms] Re: Purple-Blue shift problem with Epson printer

  • From: "Stefan - ooge.com" <stefan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 10:01:45 +0200

Hi Vittorio,

i build a ultra profile with your settings but still having the same shift in blue hue (but better steps in the color palette)

Graeme send me a new profile build with the 1.3.3b and this looks much better in blue (even with normal profile settings)!

Thank you Graeme with this update i can work :)
Is it possible to parameter this behavior to fine-tune?

@adam k: just right click on the image and "Save Picture As..."
http://www.ooge.com/tmp/DQ-Tool_Print_13x18cm-srgb.jpg

best,
Stefan

Am 04.04.2011 11:55, schrieb Vittorio Villani:
Hi.
I am using and Epson 4880 and an Epson 7900 and I am not having the same
problem that you describe.
I am using and i1Pro spectro (without UV filter).
Here is my "parameter list" for Hahnemuhle Bamboo and Epson 7900:

targen -v -d2 -G -f2232 -g128 name
printtarg -v -ii1 -t360 -p310x450 name
chartread -v -H -B -T0.4 name
colprof -v -qu -i D50 -o 1931_2 -S AdobeRGB1998.icc -cmt -dpp -f -D
A-E7900-Bamboo-2880dpi-i1Pro name

I suggest you to try to increase the number of patches and to try to use
-S AdobeRGB1998.icc in colprof.
About OBA compensation; you can read here (maybe you already did):
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/FWA.html
Using only -f in colprof means that your prints will be viewed with a
D50 ligh soruce.
For a better behaviour you should use
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/illumread.html.
Let me know.