[argyllcms] Printer profile creation: Definitive print procedure on Mac

  • From: Todd Sailor <mfdisme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:32:18 -0600

Hello all,

I am running Mavericks 10.9.1 and I think I am having difficulty producing a
completely un-color managed printed test chart. I am using Photoshop CC and
have also tried to print from Mavericks’ Preview app, but after scanning both
charts, I get significant out of gamut indications in PS. Also, resulted prints
appear very dull and not accurate to my calibrated (via DisplayCal) monitor’s
rendition of the photo.

In the Preview app under Color Matching, I am choosing EPSON Color Controls;
then under Print Settings, I am choosing the paper I’d like to use; and finally
under Color Options, I am choosing Off (No Color Management). I print out the
chart and let it dry, then scan it in with a ColorMunki.

In Photoshop, I really don’t know what to do. Should PS manage color? And if
so, what settings should be set? Or, should the printer manage color, and if
so, what settings should be set to create a non-color managed test chart print?

I am pretty sure the print is the issue, but I am also going to calibrate my
monitor again as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!