[argyllcms] Re: Newbie help?

  • From: "David R. Gangola" <dgangola@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 19:11:21 -0700

Ben Goren wrote:

I've got  a GretagMacbeth Eye-One  Design that I'd  really, really
like to use with Argyll--which is exactly what I've spent the past
few days trying to do.

But...I'm poor.
I know the feeling!

Granted, this was with a smallish chart (only 64 patches, one paper white), but I'm sure Argyll can't be /that/ bad.
Argyll is quite good. Astonishingly so. I started with a Colormouse, and was so impressed that bought the I1 Design specifically for Argyll.

I tried to compile David Gangola's cpxchg, but all I found was the one he
posted to the list...and that needs a couple #include files that I
didn't find. ColorPort ``feels'' like the superior tool of the
two, but I'd almost put up with hand-transcribing readouts from
Eye-One Share at this point, if that's what it took to get started
on the right path.
Colorport seemed like the way to go for me, so I re-invented the wheel. The cpxchg utility is intended to be compiled within the Argyll build environment. The missing include files come from there. If you like, I can send you the binary. Hopefully, that will get you on the right track without having to try to build Argyll.

Cheers,
  Dave