[argyllcms] Re: Support for ColorSavvy Mouse 2 spectrophotometer

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:33:01 -0700
On 2006 May 1, at 6:13 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> The  idea would  be to  have  a test  chart (or  a program  that
> generates a  test chart)  of neutral  and near  neutral patches,
> labelled with  their delta E  from ab  0,0, print them  out with
> (the new) cctiff through the profile in questions, and then pick
> the  most neutral  patch by  eye,  and feed  those numbers  into
> "profile" as correction factors. It's  pretty easy for RGB, it's
> a bit more tricky for CMYK, because there have to be two sets of
> numbers, one for low K, and another for high K.

Well, I wasn't even going to /think/ of anything along those lines
until waaaay down the road...but  a similar thought /had/ occurred
to me--that  is, ``Wouldn't it be  wonderful to have a  test chart
optimized  for  black-and-white prints  at  the  expense of  color
prints?'' The idea was much the  same as you describe: nothing but
neutral and near-neutral patches, but  an entire chart filled with
them.   Especially if  it worked  in an  iterative manner  like (I
assume...) the -c flag to targen does....

I'm delighted to learn that you're a step or several ahead of me.

Cheers,

b&