[argyllcms] Re: Hutchcolor targets

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:22:47 -0700
On 2007 Aug 10, at 10:22 AM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Ben Goren wrote:
>
>> In a  similar vein,  the Eye  One Design  ships with  a scanner
>> target. Has anybody created the necessary  files to use it with
>> Argyll? If not, I'd  be happy to help create one  with my copy,
>> if somebody would be so kind as to point me in the direction of
>> some instructions for what to do....
>
> See attached.

Thanks!

> It's not clear to me where the CIE reference values come from to
> go with this chart. All I've found so far is RGB values.

The Gretag  Macbeth software actually  has you read the  file with
the Eye one  before using it on the  scanner. (At least, according
to the docs...I didn't pay for  that module, so I can't write from
experience.)

I was going to  ask if there was a graceful way for  me to do this
with  Argyll, but  then  I had  the brilliant  idea  to check  the
docs. Attached is the output from

spotread -e -H EyeOneScanTarget1.4

The first line  (#2) is the paper white. The rest  are 1A, 2A, 3A,
etc.

Let me know  if there's anything else you'd need  (especially if I
missed a patch, etc.).

Cheers,

b&