[argyllcms] Re: Hutchcolor targets

  • From: dchaffe@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:14:22 -0500

> > I applied the argyll profile to a Granger Rainbow, and it seems normal
> > except for some oddness in the blues.  Is this something to be worried
> > about?  I haven't noticed the effect in any real-world images.
>
> Hard to say without having the details.
>
> Graeme Gill.

This zipped .tif of a Granger Rainbow has my scanner profile assigned to it:

http://www.geocities.com/d_chaffe/grangerrainbowcopy.zip

It's a LUT-based profile of a Nikon scanner using the Hutchcolor
target and set on -qh.  The average and peak errors reported at the
end seemed okay - they were near 1 and 5.  I tried a regular IT8
target on the same scanner, as well as a reflective target on an Epson
scanner, and got a fairly similar "eye" shape in the blues on a
Granger.  I don't really know enough to judge whether what I see in
the rainbow is a concern or not.

Daniel