[argyllcms] How do I imbed/extract a profile in/from a tiff file.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:37:05 -0600

I probably have some fundamental misunderstanding.

I tried to imbed a profile in a tiff file using
cctiff -d xxxx.icc a.tif b.tif
which returned without comment, so I assumed it worked.

I then tried
extract b.tif c.icc
and got
extracticc: Error - error writing file 'c.icc'

Also, when I click on extracticc in my local copy of the documentation,
I find the html page does not exist.  this is confirmed by looking in
the doc subdirectory.   It does exist in the online copy of the
documentation.

So I'm probably not understanding something.