[argyllcms] Re: Generate a reference .ti3

  • From: "Wallden Magnus" <prn.scr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:42:41 -0700

Hi !

The workflow is like this:
1 )
profiling scanner
   scanin -o -dipn  ......
   colprof -v  .....  -qm -as   .....
generate target:
    targen ...
    printarg ....
2)
 create a printer profile:
      scanin -c -v  .............
      colprof -v   .........   -cmt -dpp
all this from the manual
-> and i have a  printer profile , for some paper ok, and some a little
bit less, I think the "jump" is to big.
-------------------
now I want to improve some of the printer profile. The workflow is
described in the Refine manual text under "Discussion"
I use refine  and  colprof , but the result wasn't good.
This is the use of the refine:
    refine -v -c  reference.ti3 chart1.ti3 proofer.icm fix1.icm
I start to check,  and I found that the reference.ti3  was equal   the
chart1.ti3.
The reference.ti3 is made whit scanin -r  whit a copy of chart.ti3 as
output, the last one in scanin -r like:
   scanin -v -r    dd.tif   dd.cht   ddTWW
 and there is also in the directory:
   dd.cht        from printarg
   dd.ti1         from printarg
   dd.ti2         from printarg
   dd.tif          from printarg
   ddTWW.ti2    eq dd.ti2
   ddTWW.ti3    comming from the earlier made profing. Made by scanin -c
dd_printed_scanned.tif .............
What I expect was that the values in ddTWW.ti3 should bee replaced by
the values from dd.tif,
(equal part of the values in dd.ti2 i think)    but no, the ddTWW.ti3,is
rewritten  whitout changes.
I have tested the diagnostic for scanin  ,   scanin -o -dpin  , for
dd.tif,  and all seems to bee ok.
Of course, it is possible to create a .ti3 whit scanin -c, but this will
also include the scannerprofile,
and for this, is it possible to make a "strait" profile whitout any
influence ? ( revfix ?)

(the normal is not system fault, it is user fault, I still beleive that)
//Magnus