[argyllcms] Re: Gamuts comparison

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <gfuer@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:01:10 +0200

Am 10.08.2011 23:33, schrieb Marco Noldin:
I want to calculate how many colors was clipped when I encode an image
in a standard color space and then I print it with colorimetric
relative intent.

I'm not sure what intent is better to use in iccgamut for my case,

The answer is basically in your above statement:

   "...and then I print it with colorimetric relative intent."

If you align source and destination white points when you print the image, then
I guess that you likely want to align the source and destination white points
as well for the corresponding gamut comparison. So likely your goal is to
compare the relative colorimetric gamut of the standard color space with the
relative colorimetric gamut of the printer's color space.

Regards,
Gerhard