[argyllcms] Re: Fluorescent Whiting problems?

  • From: Tomas Svab <celsius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:00:55 +0900

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 01:40:54 +1100, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Tomas Svab wrote:
>> I tried another profile with D50_2.0.sp. On screen in Photoshop's
>> on-screen proof preview it looked more blue. The closest one was
>> D50_0.0.sp.
>
> OK, try the attached spectrum. It should have zero UV as far as the
> FWA is concerned.

Using the new spectrum the on-screen proof in Photoshop looked like paper
with no whitener in it (maybe too neutral). However the print was bluer
than the D50_0.0.sp and the reds were still off.

My other profiles for yellowish washi paper and proofing paper (not much
FWA) match between screen and print and they're more predictable.

Just as a test I printed on the problem paper (Kokuyo) using a similar
stock Epson paper profile. It looked better. So that must mean there is
something wrong with my chart or measurements that didn't cause problems on
other papers in the past. I'm going to check my EyeOne and entire process
on a paper I've used before to rule out that something else went wrong
other than this paper being hard to profile.

If I find out anything meaningful I'll post my results.

Tomas

--

 Tomas Svab email celsius@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mobile 090-6664-2370
   616-8171 Kyoto Kyoto-City 3-88 Uzumasa Aokigahara-cho, Ukyo-ku Japan
  616-8171  京都市
右京区太秦青木ヶ原町3-88