[argyllcms] Re: Eye-One Scan Target 1.4 .cht and .Q60 files (was Re: Re: Hutchcolor targets)

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:15:02 -0700
On 2007 Aug 13, at 12:32 AM, Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:

> The max difference  is about DeltaE*ab at 10.3 on  row 15 (if my
> awk  script  is correct). So  I  guess  the  story is  either  I
> have  used sportread  incorrectly, or  this target  really needs
> individual measuring.

Of  course, it  could just  as easily  be that  *I* used  spotread
incorrectly.

Have you tried  profiling a scanner yet? I've  gotten good results
with two scanners so far, my Epson  and my mom's Canon -- but I've
hardly done any critical evaluation, just some quick eyeballing.

But  I rather  suspect that  the fact  that GretagMacbeth  doesn't
include a reference  file and instead has you  create one yourself
means that *they* aren't confident in the color consistency of the
target.

For what it's  worth, I did use FWA compensation. For  the rest, I
hardly did  anything special: I  just used that  plastic centering
doohickey, plopped the  Eye-One down on top, and  hit the key. The
worst part  was finding an actual  Q60 file to use  as a template,
and then re-numbering the output from spotread to fit.

Cheers,

b&