[argyllcms] Re: Eye-One Scan Target 1.4 .cht and .Q60 files (was Re: Re: Hutchcolor targets)

On 8/11/07, Ben Goren <> wrote:

> For those of  y'all with one of these targets,  you'll want to use
> the Eye-One with spotread to get  the actual values of the target,
> and then substitute those values with the ones in the attached Q60
> file. Or, you could be lazy and just use mine.
>

> And here's a Q60  file I created by reading my  copy of the target
> with my Eye-One Pro and spotread:
>


Hello again, and great work.
Since my eye-one photo Lt also included that scanner target, I tried
to use spotread at the A row. My values are a bit different than
yours, so I wonder if I am doing this correctly. I start spotread
without any option. I have tried with and without FWA compensation,
but my results is very close anyway.

Here is my measurements from the A row. I actually measured it a few
times, to check my self. This results here is just one of the tests.
XYZ values:

1       0.472151        0.558528        0.584101
2       10.066707       9.931185        31.645299
3       13.439039       7.064933        3.019236
4       31.507823       22.294571       4.691646
5       31.545718       32.718131       28.661074
6       13.630349       14.182819       12.713542
7       33.740423       24.194305       10.916629
8       27.110860       26.913949       25.736330
9       6.126109        6.452357        6.004307
10      6.214166        6.973799        7.131639
11      4.496772        3.647617        20.832280
12      6.533940        3.497601        12.397356
13      9.146201        7.008655        15.628759
14      7.827841        6.368251        8.428364
15      16.202781       10.692172       24.533610
16      2.101262        1.205462        9.645890

Compared to yours
1       0.465187        0.475773        0.468318
2       8.313055        8.544596        28.168858
3       12.755461       6.369471        1.844153
4       32.166257       22.124194       3.249633
5       34.647071       35.737695       29.749185
6       13.581818       14.020032       11.403882
7       34.765535       24.117747       9.789943
8       30.212991       29.228654       26.479227
9       7.745346        7.964418        6.911239
10      4.633998        5.295573        5.511951
11      3.682293        2.566225        17.312558
12      5.085633        2.538792        10.434175
13      7.756074        5.278887        13.950805
14      6.622767        4.890535        7.225588
15      15.604782       9.092155        23.769426
16      1.715927        0.850547        7.930870

The max difference is about DeltaE*ab at 10.3 on row 15 (if my awk
script is correct). So I guess the story is either I have used
sportread incorrectly, or this target really needs individual
measuring.

Regards
Lars Tore Gustavsen

Other related posts: