[argyllcms] Re: "Development in progress" update

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 02:42:07 +0200

Graeme Gill wrote:

./libusb/usb.h
won't appear until ./libusb/configure is run, which should
happen when jam is run. It runs configure if ./libusb/Makefile
is non-existent or out of date. It seems like
configure didn't run.

it did't:

checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

I started compiling about 11 AM (CEST, +0200) - but the modification date of your files is 4:07 PM (EST, +1000) :-)

... next time I'll wait at least 8 hours before I start compiling ;-)

Did you update Jambase ?

No -- I thought this is not necessary if I use makeall.ksh since it invokes jam -f. Am I wrong?

When you run it after unzipping into a clean directory,
does it run configure and create usb.h and the Makefile ?

_now_ it runs configure :-)

(... but there are still a lot of warnings)

just made a first test with profile 0.60: it seems to work as expected
(unfortunately the profile still shows the "bumpy" black on the gamut hull I mentioned in December if you don't use it with icclink; see <http://digitalproof.info/argyll/k-test/>)

Yep, I've had a look at it a few times, but I don't have any idea on how to solve it yet, so I wasn't going to hold up the next release.

but icclink causes errors:

icclink: Error - Write file: 1, icmColorantTableVal_write: write of PCS
coord failed

I tried some different links out, and didn't get such a failure. You will have to send me the ICC profiles and the command line you used to be able to fix this.

I will send you a zip archive containing all necessary files.

Klaus