[argyllcms] Re: "Development in progress" update

Klaus Karcher wrote:

------------
libusb
----------
...found 152 target(s)...
...updating 8 target(s)...

In file included from usb.c:14:
usbi.h:4:17: error: usb.h: No such file or directory
...failed Cc usb.o ...
error.c:12:17: error: usb.h: No such file or directory
...failed Cc error.o ...

I'd really love to know what version/configuration of gcc it is, that fails to search the . directory when it comes across a #include "file", as it seems to be contrary to the whole purpose of #include "file" !

It does it for a direct include from usb.c, but
then fails to do so for the indirect include of usb.h
from inside usbi.h. Hard for me to discover, since
none of the compilers I'm using (which include
three versions of gcc!) seem to behave this way.

Try adding the following line to libusb/Jamfile at line 33:
        ObjectHdrs usb : . ;

and see if the error for usb.c goes away. (More changes are
needed to the Jamfile to fix it completely).

------------
spectro
----------

In file included from printread.c:58:
icoms.h:22:17: error: usb.h: No such file or directory
...failed Cc printread.o ...

Same problem here. Try putting "." as the before "../h"
in each "ObjectHdrs" declaration. Why this doesn't
occur in other directories is a mystery too.

------------
render
...found 32 target(s)...
...updating 4 target(s)...
timage.c:136: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function
'strncpy'
...updated 4 target(s)...

This is a puzzle. strncpy is used in (for instance) profile/profile.c with just a #include <stdio.h>, and there is no such warning, while for render/timage.c, there is a warning. Why ?

Try adding #include <string.h> to render/timage.c, and see if the warning goes
away.

Thanks for the report.