[argyllcms] Re: ColorMunki and low-cost ICC-profile service

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 02:42:03 +0200

Hi.
Look this video I shared some time ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PebBQOpP3I and read the description.
You can also read there:
//www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Reading-an-i1Pro-chart-with-ColorMunki
(and following posts) to have an idea of what results you can get from the
readings.
If you search here: //www.freelists.org/archive/argyllcms you will find a
lot of info about ColorMunki Photo.
It is a good device to start in my opinion.
I own the ColorMunki and the i1Pro and I made a comprason here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=50214.0
You can read more here:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57507.0
A good profile is not only good readings. No software will give you the best
result if you don't study it and to have good results you may need not only a
good number of patches but also a good general knowledge of color management.
Vittorio