[argyllcms] Re: Calibration and profiling of wide format solvent printer

  • From: mbielowicz@xxxxx <mbielowicz@xxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 10:45:17 +0100

Hi!

>At this stage you've needed to limit individual channels. Such low delta E vs
>delta % are usable with precaultion.
>But I'd recommend some channel limiting before profiling. By my opinion the
>limits should be about this:
>
>printcal -v -i -p -x0 80 -x1 65 -x2 80 -x3 65 Roland_XJ-740_calibration
>
>I.e. Cyan=Yellow=80%, Magenta=Black=65%.

Nikolay how did you determine these limits? from printcal charts?

>It's obvious for me that your pirnting resolution and drop sizing gives are
>somewhat excessive for this media.
>If it's possible you may change lower resolution to decrease the density by
>about 20% and increase the printing speed.

Yes, you are right, without ink limiting, prints are very wet, spacers on the
calibration/profiling charts are hardly visible.

If I would transfer printcal calibration curves and limits to RIP software,
then print Argyll calibration chart with RIP calibration enabled,
might I verify RIP calibration with printcal -e?

Best regards
Michał