[argyllcms] Re: Calibration and profiling of wide format solvent printer

  • From: mbielowicz@xxxxx <mbielowicz@xxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 12:28:33 +0100

Hi Nikolay I roughly understand the difference between -I and -K options and I
realize that RIP calibration is better than applying it to profile....but one
thing is bothering me. Isn't it redundant/harmful to supply the same
calibration data twice into the main profile workflow: - first time: indirectly
via preliminary profile as targen -c parameter   (If preliminary profile has
calibration applied then targen -c with -A &gt; 0 generates color domain
already corrected by calibration in some degree)  - second time: directly via
printtarg -K/-I parameter Michał