[argyllcms] Re: Calibrating display in VMWARE

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 02:29:31 +1000

Olivier Marchetta wrote:

C:\Argyll_V1.0.1\bin>dispcal -D
MonitorEnumProc() called with hMonitor = 0x10001
MonitorEnumProc() set initial monitor info: 0,0 1916,1049 name
'\\.\DISPLAY1'
get_displays about to get monitor information for 0
EnumDisplayDevices failed on '\\.\DISPLAY1' Mon = 0
dispcal: Error - Unable to open the default display

OK, that might be fixable, by not ignoring a display in which
the first EnumDisplayDevices() call fails. The only problem
is that this was how I was ignoring invisible pseudo-monitors.
I'll have to guess at some other way of doing this (I don't
seem to have any pseudo-monitors appearing on my test systems.)

The implication though is that you won't be able to install a
profile for the display, since it's the EnumDisplayDevices()
that returns the monitor id that is needed to associate with the
profile.

If you're compiling from source you could try the patch
at <http://www.argyllcms.com/V1.0.1_patches.txt>.