[argyllcms] Bad measurements & white point calibration with Argyll 0.7b7 and GretagMacbeth i1Display 2

  • From: Craig Ringer <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:43:31 +0900

Hi folks

I'm having some severe issues getting decent results out of an i1Display
2 using Argyll 0.7b7 . If I use dispcal to adjust the gains to target a
D65 white point I end up with a bright purplish-blue display.

I've seen the same issues with lprof, which uses a slightly older
version of the Argyll meter reading code.

The same hardware works fine with the GretagMacbeth i1Match software.

This issue might be best illustrated visually, so I've provided some
photos of the display output along with information on the testing
procedure, additional hardware details, etc at:

http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/~craig/argyll7b7_blue/problem_report.html

I'm not sure where to go from here, so I was hoping someone else might
be able to detail similar issues or suggest a few tests that might
reveal more. I can provide things like calibration run files if that'd
be useful.

--
Craig Ringer