[argyllcms] Re: Avoiding Driver installation under WindowsXP

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 17:56:04 -0500

> ... but the cleverer
> approaches will install the necessary USB drives at installation
> time, and this could possibly be done remotely.

I searched my PC after successfully 'binding' the i1 devices to libusb0.dll
and libusb0.sys and I found the two lib files were copied by Windows to the
following locations :

libusb0.sys -> C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
libusb0.dll -> C:\Windows\System32

So, maybe we could copy these two files to these location ahead of the lab
and we wouldn't need the Administrator's password the night of the lab? It's
worth experimenting.

This being said, does libusb0 support just the i1 devices or does it also
support the Optix?

And, as far as supporting the Spyder, I could not create the spy2PLD.bin
from the vendor CD ROM because I have an old version of the Spyder2pro
Install CD (v2.x). I noticed that spy2den.exe could not find 'CVSpyder.dll'
from 'setup.exe' on that CD. I try my luck with the ColorVision web site.

Roger Breton