[argyllcms] Re: Avoiding Driver installation under WindowsXP

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 10:05:35 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:

So, maybe we could copy these two files to these location ahead of the lab
and we wouldn't need the Administrator's password the night of the lab? It's
worth experimenting.]

Possibly, but XP does other things as well to associate the instrument with
those drivers.

This being said, does libusb0 support just the i1 devices or does it also
support the Optix?

It's a general purpose USB access library, so it's used by Argyll
for all USB instruments.

And, as far as supporting the Spyder, I could not create the spy2PLD.bin
from the vendor CD ROM because I have an old version of the Spyder2pro
Install CD (v2.x). I noticed that spy2den.exe could not find 'CVSpyder.dll'
from 'setup.exe' on that CD. I try my luck with the ColorVision web site.

You are not likely to have much luck. DataVision don't want you
using your spider with any "unauthorized" software like Argyll.