[argyllcms] Re: Argyll-reset and Windows-reset gamma curves

  • From: Ivan Kolesov <ivankolesov64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:11:54 +0600

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt answer.

I don't think I have enough tech knowledge here, but from the layman's
perspective, if the curves are linear, should the bitdepth matter?

Anyway, I've downloaded the latest xcalib from their site, started it with
the -c parameted (clear), and saved the resulting curves to a cal file with
dispwin -s. Then I've reset the curves with Argyll using dispwin -c and
saved the resulting curves to another cal file. When I compare these two
cal files by loading one and running dispwin -V with the other, I get the
same 0.4% discrepancy as before. This should not be a bitdepth issue by
now, should it?

Seems to be puzzling a bit.

Ivan