[argyllcms] Re: Argyll v4 compliance and 10bitsupport

  • From: Andrés Vattuone <andres.vattuone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 03:20:28 -0300

Hi again,

Thanks Graeme for your reply on this questions. You wrote:

>> 1) Is there any news about the upgrade to v4 color management? If not,
>>what bad can the compatibility issues be and how do you handle them?
>
>There are no current plans to support ICC V4 in Argyll. There are no
>compelling technical reasons to do so. If you need to deal with
>V4 profiles, I'd suggest looking to lcms.

I am interested in v4 display profiling, so lcms is of no use, as far as I
know. The following document seems to suggest that v4 profiles are better
than v2 profiles

http://www.color.org/ICC_white_paper_6_v2_and_v4_display_profile_differences.pdf

If this was the case, it would be nice to have v4 profiling in Argyll, at
least for displays.

Regards,

Andrés Vattuone