[arachne] Re: dead list ???

  • From: Greg Mayman <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:10:11 +1030

Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

   Might be interesting to see how many on this list are still actively
using Arachne. As opposed to "just haven't cancelled my list membership
yet".

   I run Arachne every day. She is my most used browser. And my most
configurable/versatile browser. I run DOS and Linux.

I used Arachne up until I got the broadband connected, then I couldn't get her to find the broadband modem, no matter what I tried.

On top of that, I need to connect to secure sites every few days. And more and more sites have java.

So I'm stuck with the Windows computer and all its problems and quirks.

But I do really miss Arachne and her quick, clean way of operating.

   And we cannot say that nothing is happening with Arachne, either.
See:  http://www.ausreg.com/arachne/index.htm - some new plug-ins.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

--

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia

Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --