[arachne] Re: autologin

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:51:54 -0500

On ?, ewalt@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> arachne4dos @coollist.com General List ----------------

> Glenn McCorkle said:

>> You are confusing 'AutoLogin' with 'AutoDial'

>> But be that as it may.... what Brian needs to change is.....

>> UseTerminal Yes

>> (can't do a "terminal mode login" when set to 'UseTerminal No')

> I'm confused by a lot of things. <g> I thought 'AutoDial' was when
> Arachne would dial to go online when needed to access a website or
> other location.

> And 'AutoLogin' would login automatically without manual input or
> following a script.

> Certainly a manual terminal mode login attempt might give him some
> needed info.

> But I thought most ISP login sequences today used an automatic process,
> making terminal logins mostly obsolete.

My reply concerning the confusion was in reply to this one from Cal...

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:19:38 -0600, "Destiny" <destiny2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Autologin refers to automatic dialin when clicking on a link.
> Cal

_You_ are not confused at-all.

You're 100% correct in all of those points.

However.... in Brian's original message he noted that he was in-fact
attempting to do a manual terminal login.

Hence the need for changing to 'UseTerminal Yes'.

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/