[arachne] Re: PROBLEM RUNNING ARACHNE AT VCN

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <sernemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:31:10 -5000

Hi Brian,
          From what I have read on the list previously
it was not that easy to get Arachne to work with
Compuserve at one time. I have no personal experience
with Compuserve. I just figured since the current distro
at glennmcc's site is working excellently for me it
might be an easy way to solve your troubles. My ISP
was a very difficult site to connect to with an
Arachne version similar to yours. When my ISP
upgraded I could suddenly not connect with W$dze
or my Arachne computer for about 5-6 mo. When
I changed to using lsppp and newer Arachne
versions then I could suddenly connect. In fact,
I was able to connect with Arachne before I could
get W$dze to connect. The reason the current
versions include lsppp is because the developers
decided that users were having more success with
lsppp.

I'm just trying to give you some help based on
my experience.  I can tell you I was very
frustrated when nothing I did would give me
a functional connection. Everyone was giving
me suggestions but nothing was working until
I used lsppp and got the correct combination
of parameters, ...... finally. I was using
a public institution for my ISP (the library)
and they had no helpful advice at all.

Eric

-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/