[arachne] Re: arachne Digest V2 #117

  • From: "Ray Andrews" <randrews@xxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:59:31 -0800

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 02:06:47 -0500 (EST), Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> From: Rob <robo13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [arachne] Re: Linux

> Hey, Ray;
> I have no clue as to what that entails, could you explain.
> Thanx, Rob:

Rob,

As you may know we're engaged in a monumental effort to re-write the
Arachne source code, which is an atrocious mess.  Christof Lange has also
undertaken the task of translating all the Czech comments in the source
code into English, but he has done his work in the original messy sources,
so we want to import those translations into the cleaned up versions of
the code as well.  It's a lot of cutting and pasting.  There are about
36,000 lines of code in the sources for 'core.exe', and in that body, there
are thousands of translated comments that need to be moved over.  It's
a huge job, but Gregy Feig has taken charge of it.  I'll be helping
latter, but he could sure use some additional help right now.  If your
up to it, we'd sure like to have you.

Ray Andrews,
Arachne Sanitary Engineering Ltd.
Vancouver, Canada

-- Arachne V1.73-B2a :The best in freeware!

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --