[arachne] Re: STILL CAN'T LONG IN AT VANCOUVER COMMUNITY NET

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:08:09 -0500

Thank you, Glenn, for your comments.  The missing letter thing is
mysterious
and I have not observed it before just a few days ago.  I checked my other
computer (a pentium 3) where I am doing experimental Arachne while I was on

line reading your message and there were (this time) no missing letters on
the
original Arachne.cfg.  It is possible ZIP screwed up the characters when I
used it to transfer Arachne.CFG from my P3 to my 486, but I cannot recall
any
previous occasion when ZIP screwed me up.

Interestingly enough, the "IP_ADDRESS 0.0.0.0." is eactly what A190j1 put
in
when I unpacked the ZIP archive and ran the intstall programme.  I
deliberately avoided changing anything installed by the Arachne installer.

I presume I should change it to the value you said is correct.

I will try to log on to VCN again leaving out terminal on and autologin.  I

presume at this point I should try the default login sequence on one trial
and
subsequently make another trial using the login sequence you gave me 3
weeks
ago or so.

I sure  wish VCN would get back to me with the precise login conversation
their server wants to have with an incoming browser.

I did download  their login instructions for windows 3.1, but they were
just
about useless to me as  they consist entirely of what settings to make in
Windows before trying to log in but do not include a structured login
sequence.

By the way, do you have any idea why PPP.LOG is not to be found after
Arachne
fails to properly login at VCN?