[arachne] Re: Mouse? (was Browser

  • From: "Frank Vuckovich" <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 08:50:06 -0600

I'm sure there is a good bit of truth in that.

One of the good things about FLOSS is that if I don't like it, I'm free to
change it :)

Most of Arachne's developers that I am familiar
with are not trying to duplicate other software.
They often do want to provide the same functions
but some of them have a strong adversion to making
Arachne even slightly resemble other products.
If the tone is sometimes "put-off-ish" then that is
often where it stems from. That should not stop
you from making suggestions that you think
would improve Arachne, but you will soon get
a feeling for which of your suggestions are likely
to create a lot of feedback.  But that should not
stop you from posting if you feel strongly about
it. Someone will likely agree with you and often
those suggestions do promote a compromised
change

Eric.