[arachne] Re: Mouse? (was Browser

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:11:53 -0500

Hi Jason,

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:38:46 -0600 Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Just seems like every time I've for years I've a post was made
> asking if
> or why doesn't arachne do something in a manner some other well
> accepted
> product does, the tone is put-off-ish.

Most of Arachne's developers that I am familiar
with are not trying to duplicate other software.
They often do want to provide the same functions
but some of them have a strong adversion to making
Arachne even slightly resemble other products.
If the tone is sometimes "put-off-ish" then that is
often where it stems from. That should not stop
you from making suggestions that you think
would improve Arachne, but you will soon get
a feeling for which of your suggestions are likely
to create a lot of feedback.  But that should not
stop you from posting if you feel strongly about
it. Someone will likely agree with you and often
those suggestions do promote a compromised
change

Eric.