[arachne] Re: Linux

  • From: "Ray Andrews" <randrews@xxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:46:16 -0800

> From: Rob <robo13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [arachne] Re: Linux

> Hey, Ray
> I only know 2 'programmers, coders. developers' and they
> are strictly windo$e, "thats where the money is" in their
> words. I'm afraid Linux seems to be a love of art, as is
> Arachne. I would really love to see Arachne for Linux
> developed because I think Linux needs another good console
> browser. I use Links all the time, but it's no Arachne. In
> DOS, Arachne was my Web and file browser, email client and
> desktop, plus more, just about as allround an application
> can get! I do know it seems to be a custom to ask for
> developers to join different Linux projects, sort of like
> advertised in a way, at places like Slackpacks and SourceForge
> and different websites, including personal websites inviting
> others to join in. If I knew programming, Arachne would be my
> top choice. Perhaps a few blurbs on the Arachne sites would help.
> Sorry I can't be of more help.
> Rob;

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that.  Anyway keep the word circulating in the Linux community
if you can!  Also, if you want, we could use your help with the
work of moving translations into the newer versions of the code --
no programing experience needed!

Ray Andrews,
Arachne Sanitary Engineering Ltd.
Vancouver, Canada

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --