[arachne] Re: BRAD STEPHENSON'S BSET11.ZIP ALLOWS LONG PATH

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 23:36:54 -0500

I will be glad to email you BSET, but please give me an EXPLICIT & COMPLETE
EMAIL ADDRESS to send it to.
BSET enables you to have a very long path without exceeding DOS's
environment limits (or using up so much enviornment).

As for Norton Batch enhancer, I have it in the last total DOS version of
Norton Utilities.  I played with it a bit in the beginning but could not
get it to do a lot that was useful and gave it up.
Meantime Norton Utilities gave up keeping abreast of larger DOS hard drives
and is not very useful for anything any more except the disk editor which
will enable you to kill a file that will not die.  I don't know of anything
else that will do that.

Brian Murphy
bcmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx