[HG-PBEM] Re: Onto the Raceway

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 08:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

> "Keavy, wait!" Jory shouted, but the young woman was
> quickly accelerating away. "Oh, Silas is going to be
> pissed," Jory said, shaking her head.

> At that point, everyone's HUDs showed a small countdown
> that beeped off ech second. Five, four, three.... The red
> light, first signaled yellow and then green. One. A loud
> bull horn blew, signalling "Go!" The practice run had
> commenced, and Keavy had already blown through the doors.

Watching her overzealous teammate tear down the track,
Juliette accelerated smoothly and got up to speed,
carefully checking the locations of the rest of the team as
her machine's heavy tires began devouring the track.

"Keavy," the southerner radioed, "shouldn't we take this
slow the first few times until we familiarize ourselves
with the layout?"