[HG-PBEM] Re: At the Control Lounge - Keavy's input required

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 15:58:00 -0400

 >> The elevator doors slid open to a massive bay of windows that lined

the

 >> outer wall of a hallway lounge that led both left and right. There

were

 >> couches and chairs arranged along the length of the hallway, forming

small

 >> groups around tables and suspended monitors that displayed scenes of

the

 >> track below. A security guard, who had noticed Terry and Sebastian's

and

 >> arrival and stopped to look, nodded and returned to his walking,

moving

 >> away to the right.

"Wow, this place is insane!" Sebastian said, running to a control
console. Turning back to Terry, he asked, "You know how to work this
thing? Where are our guys?"

"I do.  Let me set you up here."  Terry said as he followed Sebastian in to
the room.  He approached one of the consoles by the observation window.
Using the built in mouse he navigated through the screens to the camera
views.
"It's mostly touch screen." Terry explained, "You touch the part of the
track
you're interested in and it pops up a menu of camera views.  Touch the
view you want and the monitor you want it on and it'll display for you." He
indicated the three monitors above the station.  "If you're not
interested in
that you can use the preprogrammed chase and follow views on the side
menu here.  They'll automatically update as the gears move around the
track."
He opened his briefcase to produce a pair of binoculars.  The first he
handed
to Chance, the second goes around his own neck.  He slips on a headset
and after adjusting the mike speakers into it, into Keavy's gear:

"Keavy Keavy my darling.  I look down from yon tower for my champion
and alas I see her not.  Woe is me.  Has she abandoned me for another?
Am I to ever be forlorn and lost in the darkness?  Where is the great
hum of gear engine and the wailing of our foes? Oh woe!"

[Terry's headset is designed to communicate with Keavy and Rhogen.  I
figure there hasn't been time for it to be modified to communicate with the
rest of the team yet.]

"You know, I wonder if we can get a couple of cocktails up here..."

"The bar is hidden behind the shrubbery over yonder.. over there." Terry
indicated by nodding his head, covering the mike, "Let's get something
quick!"