[HG-PBEM] Re: Onto the Raceway

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:59:05 -0400

> > "Keavy, wait!" Jory shouted, but the young woman was
> > quickly accelerating away. "Oh, Silas is going to be
> > pissed," Jory said, shaking her head.
>
> > At that point, everyone's HUDs showed a small countdown
> > that beeped off ech second. Five, four, three.... The red
> > light, first signaled yellow and then green. One. A loud
> > bull horn blew, signalling "Go!" The practice run had
> > commenced, and Keavy had already blown through the doors.
>
> Watching her overzealous teammate tear down the track,
> Juliette accelerated smoothly and got up to speed,
> carefully checking the locations of the rest of the team as
> her machine's heavy tires began devouring the track.
>
> "Keavy," the southerner radioed, "shouldn't we take this
> slow the first few times until we familiarize ourselves
> with the layout?"

"Nothing like a jackrabbit start to get the old fluids moving." Keavy
radioed back.  "Besides this first section is a straight away.  We'll be
coming through here fullbore anyways.  I do plan to take it easy through the
next couple of sections though.  Ferro-crete pillars and half-pipes ending
in a corkscrew.  Need to plan our route through that part."

Griz