[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts, was Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 23:10:05 -0400

On 07/04/2003 9:40 PM, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote:
On 7 Apr 2003, at 13:50, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote: David Kelk said: The
Colonel gave a distinctive pause. Looking at Terry, his gaze wasn't
maliciousbut rather unfocused. "Money isn't everything that makes the world
go around, Mr. McMartin," the little man finally answered. "Fair enough. How
was it done then?" "Politics, Mr. McMartin," the Colonel dropped without
missing a beat. "Was it the Spider?" Sasquatch asked plainly. The Colonel's
face went deadpan. He then frowned. "Best to leave some things in the
shadowsfor now, Sasquatch." "Seriously, I'd like to know how it was done,"
Terry insisted. The Colonel was clearly annoyed at being pressed on this.
"Are you familiar with the Gallows Pool, Mr McMartin?"
[Would Terry know anything about them?  If not....]

"Gallows Pool.   Hmmm.... No, can't say I'm familiar with it."

[...] The Colonel settled into the team's commentary. "I want to move on
fromthe setbacks of the past days, weeks and months," he declared. He looked
at Chico and his wife. "To that end, dear?" ************************ Dennis
D. Kirkpatrick Littleton, CO USA dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]
http://www.bluething.org[2]

-- David Kelk Gilgamesh whither runneth thou? / The life which thou seekest
thou wilt not find; For when the gods created mankind, / They alloted death
to mankind, But life they retained in their keeping, Thou, O Gilgamesh, let
thy belly be full; Day and night be thou merry; / Make every day a day of
rejoicing, Day and night do thou dance and play. Let thy raiment be clean,
Thy head be washed, and thyself be bathed in water. Cherish the little one
holding thy hand, And let the wife rejoice in thy bosom, This is the lot of
mankind. -- From the Epic of Gilgamesh

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2 http://www.bluething.org