[antispam-f] Re: Only downloads the first time?

  • From: Martin Angove <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:56:56 +0100

In message <52ffe73516antispam@xxxxxxxxx>
          Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In article <f361cc0152.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   Martin Angove <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Delete after downloading is ticked.
>
>> Ignore already retrieved is greyed-out.
>
>> I can't see a box for Delete after <n> days, unless you mean "Keep <n>
>> days" which is also greyed out but contains "--" in the box.
>
>Yes, I looked at the manual for the English version of that text. Must
>have translated it when I put it in the manual instead of looking at the
>template.
>
>Anyway, this is more or less the standard setting for AntiSpam so I
>can't see why it doesn't work as expected. Could you send me a copy of
>your Rules and Settings files, please (off list - make sure you remove
>your username and password)?

I always like to start from standard settings and change things
gradually.

We're off for a few days this morning (as soon as we can get the
children breakfasted!) so I did a last check of email, only to have
AntiSpam "abort on data transfer in user tests" or something similar - I
can't capture the message as the thing is one of those boxes that pops
up 10 times a second and can't be "ok'd". Alt-Break doesn't get out of
the mess and I have to Ctrl-Break and restart. I have four mailboxes
configured and it only happens on the last one (I tried three times,
the last time I manually fetched just from the last box). The first
three boxes are individual pop3 accounts with our ISP and are empty, the
fourth box is a "catch everything" pop3 account with the company that
hosts angove.org.uk and it had three mails waiting this morning.

I haven't changed anything at all in AntiSpam since last night, so I
don't know what's going on.

I picked up mail by not loading AntiSpam and doing a manual fetch from
PopStar.

If it's ok with you I think that when we get back I'll re-install
AntiSpam and see where we go from there. I'll obviously let you know how
I get on. This will probably be next Saturday or Sunday by the time
we've settled in.

Thanks for your interest so far, anyway!

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove