[antispam-f] Re: How to lose lots of e-mail

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:01:53 +0000 (GMT)

In article <76cb439a4e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>,
   Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any ideas as to where else it could have gone?

Whatever the CWD (if that's the RO term?) was at the time?

I suppose you've searched the whole machine for files with a date/time
stamp of the appropriate value, eg using !Locate?

Could the files have been downloaded ok then the code in FetchEnd (or
whatever) moved them somewhere unexpected, eg inside a wrong copy of
POPstar or something?

I suppose you don't (a) run !reporter on that machine and (b) keep its
logs...?

Even if the files *were* in Scrap, do you delete the whole of Scrap
when you shut the machine down?

I have some housekeeping of Scrap files done here, but (a) at machine
start-up, (b) only deleting some parts of Scrap eg temporary HTML
files, and (c) none of it happens without a final human eyeball check

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.