[antispam-f] How to lose lots of e-mail

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:30:33 +0100

How to lose lots of e-mail:   move your copy of AntiSpam and its choices
from a computer using POPStar to one using Hermes, without remembering
to update the settings inside AntiSpam.   :-(

Approximately forty messages appear to have disappeared into the aether,
to the accompaniment of assorted errors of the 'file not found' variety;
unfortunately Christopher was supervising the download and I was not
present, so I didn't get to hear about it until afterwards.   Since I
don't see how AntiSpam could have spent all that time downloading stuff
(and successfully deleting it from the server) without being able to
open a file to download it into in the first place, I have a horrible
feeling that the missing e-mail was probably present in its Scrap
directory until I shut down the computer;  at any rate, it's not there
now.

Any ideas as to where else it could have gone?   I'm assuming it's
probably lost for good.

--
H. Bazley

It's clever, but is it art?     - Rudyard Kipling