[antispam-f] Re: Forwarding

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <antispam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:21:24 +0100

In article <d67d65974e.ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that Plusnet seems to have sorted its spam filtering I decided to
> try to get AntiSpam to 'forward' unmarked spam back to the
> despamchecker. I've tried to folow the manual. I spotted that the
> 'Manipulate' options are under the Misc tab and not under Scan.

They're back on the Scan frame in 1.60 (which is still very 'alpha'). I
rewrote the message marking mechanism so there's no longer any need for
a time out value or an option to use UIDL values (that's the new default
as using Message-IDs can cause trouble because some messages don't have
any). This left enough room for the 'Manipulate' options to return to
where they belong.

> I've ticked the option for diverted messages, set up a 'Send command'
> to run POPstar, and set up the sender, recipient and subject for
> forwarding. I only use one mailbox for incoming mail. According to the
> manual I shouldn't need to set up Outbound. I have ticked 'Delete
> processed messages'.

> So far so good. I've now changed one or two delete rules in the Rules
> file to divert, and have now got a message that triggers one of these
> rules (Windows Vista). The problem is that it doesn't seem to get sent
> and doesn't get put in POPstar's mail queue. Instead the marking
> window pops up with the same message every time AntiSpam runs. So
> it's not being processed and not getting deleted. What have I missed?

Did you mark the messages (click the Forward button in the Marking
window for each message) and press Process to tell AntiSpam to move the
messages from the temporary storage to the outbound?

Regards,
Frank