[antispam-f] Re: Broken pipe in lists

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:24:59 +0000 (GMT)

On 26 Dec, Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a recent message           Steven Pampling
> <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 23 Dec, Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> TFM assures me that the broken pipe at the end of an list entry
> >> will=20 ensure that it is followed by a non alphanumeric.  I have
> >> just found=20 that '.' is considered to be an alphanumeric.
> >
> >> I had ".mx=A6" to trap Mexico as a list entry and found that AOL have
> >> a=20 Received: line ...mx.aol.com.  Hasty apologies to my friend.
> >
> >> Are there any other sneaky country TLDs?
> >
> > When trapping things like .mx it is best to work on the basis of the
> > TLD reference being ".mx>" i.e. *always* include the >
> >
> Fine if you are testing From:   I was testing Received: , this is much
> less susceptible to spoofing as it is under the control of the isp's
> servers.

Same principle, different character -->  use ".mx ("

Although when you are testing the received: the best ones to test for are
the IP addresses and a list of the top offenders can be derived from
www.spamhaus.org
and the latest 25 entries are at: http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/latest.lasso

--

Steve Pampling