[antispam-f] Re: Broken pipe in lists

In a recent message           Chris Johnson <madoka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 
wrote:

> On 30 Dec, Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>> > 
>> As I pointed out earlier, fine if you test 'From:' but not if you test
>> 'Received:'
> 
> I have a separate test file (well, it is separate now; it used to be part
> of a rather lengthy single rule file) which does this test for quite a few
> countries. I tend to test for a space, a bracket and an angle bracket in
> each case as I find that all three can crop up. A typical test looks like:-
> 
> Delete Received: = *.ru *
> Delete Received: = *.ru>*
> Delete Received: = *.ru)*
> 
> It's pretty effective, so I find. With From filters, however, I only check
> for spaces and angle brackets. Currently, I kill anything from country
> TLDs ru, vn, ro, pe, mx, il, pl, br, ch, cz, tw and it, though I am
> considering adding a few more.
> 
My original problem arose with an AOL addy when the Received: shows 
"Received: from imo-d03.mx.aol.com ..." there the '.mx.' has nothing 
to do with the TLD .mx , there may also be other TLDs with a similar 
trap.  Using '.mx (' ensures that you are looking at the TLD.  Part of 
my difficulty was because I was just learning how to use the 'List' 
facility.

-- 
Dave
Keep GMT all year

Other related posts: